Friday 25 October 2013

Ultimate Braai Master

Day #38

Today I was back at Sarah's Crèche in Dunoon because numbers of volunteers was low. And this morning was all about the balloons!


As usual started the morning off with singing songs. The kids love to sing along and they all get stuck in. Old McDonald is a favourite! Then we had lots of balloons which we blew up and drew faces on. Then we all went crazy running around with our balloons chasing each other shouting and singing!



Afternoon. Again I was on surf which I was made up about, really enjoying the surf. Feeling like I'm getting better each time so happy chappy. 

On surf I was with Nathan again. He has really got the hang of standing up on the board with no problem, now he's looking to jumping into waves and travelling along a waves rather than just straight. We had a great time. Ultimate team! 

When we got back it was time to prepare for tonight's Braai and myself and Mark started setting up the seats around the pool and building the fires for the Braai. 

Tonight I was assigned role of Ultimate Braai Master. So after watching and learning from Bruce on National Braai day I went ahead with building the fires and preparing the Braais. I was very happy with my fires and they burnt well. It was a great atmosphere as we sat around the Braais as they burnt away. 


Officially became a Man tonight cooking for around 40 people. The pressure was on but we pulled through and it was a great night. We had chicken, lamb chops and sausage, also there was plenty of salads! Great fun just chilling together around the Braai eating some good fun and having some good conversations. 


Then the pool party started as one by one people were unwillingly thrown into the pool. It was such a great time!! Great fun, loved it! 


Best night so far! Such a great night!

God Bless. 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are now officially a man you Braai Master and a pool party !! No 1 auntie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You r in competition with dad who can cook for the most !!! Glad there was a few salads thrown in !! X

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone,
hopefully now I've sorted out so you can leave comments a get in touch with me while I'm out here in South Africa. So please say hello in the comments.
Thanks, Cal