Thursday 17 October 2013

Big surf for Men not Boys

Day #30

Today in the afternoon it was my time for surfing! And the waves were class! Some really big waves to try out. Same again we have an hour to surf ourselves before the kids arrive. 

Best surfing I've done. The waves were huge and I caught some really good ones so was buzzing! Feel like I'm improving already so another 2 weeks should help me improve even more!

It's such an amazing place to surf and you always come away with a red face due to the strong sun. Forgot to mention the other day about how when I was surfing as I was swimming out a seal swam right in front of me. Only hit me afterwards that seal is sharks favourite food :/ 

Another great evening with the volunteers enjoying each other's company and conversation. Had a really good talk with Stephanie from Brazil about all the amazing places in South America to visit! Since this trip I've now got a real appetite for travel and adventure! 

Also got to Skype my beautiful family in the evening and phone my Nan and Granddad. 



God Bless. 

4 comments:

  1. Mate it just gets better. Fish are friends naaaaht food. Missing you brother. Finding this whole comment business very testing. Advice to everyone following the blog, don't replace the 'p' in the URL to a 'y'... caltaylorgayyear...
    Praying for you as always
    Tashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Tashley u can do it ! What a surf dude but do remember that you are not the new shark chum !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you have the travel bug and I can understand the need to escape the family they look so special in these photos!!! Your precious auntie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell you have the travel bug and I can see the need to escape the family as they are looking soooo special in these photos!!! A precious auntie x

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone,
hopefully now I've sorted out so you can leave comments a get in touch with me while I'm out here in South Africa. So please say hello in the comments.
Thanks, Cal