Wednesday 9 October 2013

Surfs Up

Day #23

Same morning wake up routine, going to be hard to get out of it after these 4 weeks! 

This morning again it was on the Computer project in one of the schools. Now having a better idea of what it's all about I could really get into it. I brought lots of coins so we could tackle money problems more realistically. Just like yesterday there was plenty of high fives and enthusiasm, who says maths can't be fun! 

Some of the names of the kids I've had over the past two days; Lee Ann,Tyron, Benedict and Samone... Liking forward to working with more tomorrow :) 

Had great fun at playtime. Some of kids in the school are from Dunoon so some kids recognised me from the football outreach. Also got to witness some intense skipping, these girls really flung the ropes round quite aggressively! I wouldn't want to be the one jumping in the middle, great to watch though...


Afternoon. It was surfing time. All wet suited up and boards in the van we set off. We had just over and hour to ourselves which gave the chance for some people to have a quick lesson then we all took to the water. 

The water was ice cold but you got used to it before long. Waves weren't massive but they did the job for first surf in Cape Town. It was really an amazing scenery with crystal blue waters, a strong sun and table mountain in the background. Wish I brought my phone to get a picture for you, it was quite special. 

In the evening for out meal we headed to Saltycrax just round the corner where we had a a amazing meal. It was a really nice night with some incredible food! 


Help yourself...


The dog just jumped up and helped herself to a seat at the bar...



A long day but it has been amazing! Loving my time here at Save! What a way to finish it but feet up in a hammock under the South African night sky...


God Bless. 

3 comments:

  1. What an incredible day! What a resourceful teacher u r too! Must be in the blood....The surfing sounded amazing and I love name of the restaurant and it looked like it had a good atmosphere ( keep tabs on all those good ideas) ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how funny is that dog at the bar! Glad you had a great day and enjoyed your first day surfing in south Africa. Crazy Lady guess who !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes beast! Auntie Gill has showed me how to publish a comment so here you are! Finally I can publicisize my ingenuity. Witty comments will now arrive in abundance... Praying for you everyday brother. Love Ashley x

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone,
hopefully now I've sorted out so you can leave comments a get in touch with me while I'm out here in South Africa. So please say hello in the comments.
Thanks, Cal