Friday 18 October 2013

Sarah's Crèche, Bring 'n Braai

Day #31

This morning I was heading to Sarah's crèche in Du Noon (I've been spelling it wrong this whole time, it's spelt Du Noon not Dunoon). This is because they were two volunteers down at Sarah's and needed all the help they could get as these kids have a reputation of being crazy and hard to control. 

I really enjoyed my time at Sarah's!! Apparently today the kids were the best they've ever behaved so guess my presence did the trick or I was just lucky. 

We started of my singing lots of songs, counting to 20, the alphabet, days of the week and months of the year. After that we were mask making and it was great fun to get involved with the kids and be creative. 




We also had lots of Spidermen

 
After mask making it was toilet time and I was on duty. Today all the kids needed a poo and I thought I took my time on the toilet, wow these kids were slow!!! 

Then we had playtime which was also good fun. I made the mistake of lifting a kid into the air like a rocket ship because after that there was a queue for lift off!! 



Really good time at Sarah's. The kids were crazy but they were well behaved today. A little girl did wee on my hand, I took a few punches to the somach but other than that it was good :) 

In the afternoon we had swimmin lessons again which I really enjoyed but had to leave early as I was needed to drive and pick up the surfing volunteers so I was given an old convoy then set off. I'm the only person who naturally drives on the right so I will be well used from now on. Especially as next week 7 more volunteers are arriving! 

Today was Chris' birthday so in the evening I headed round for a birthday Bring and Braai. Before heading there I went to the super market and bought my self some meat (hence BRING and Braai). Got my self a 400g steak for around £2.35 and some traditional South African sausage! 

The party was really good! Lots of South African and friendly smiley faces! I had a really good time, got to speak to lots of different people, had some really really good food and had good fun. We played a game of Mafia which was great fun with South Africans, being a Scouser I was obviously accused of the murders but I played my card of being an English Gentleman so I wasn't killed :) it was really good fun! Spent a lot of time with two little South African girls and they were telling me all about school and we talked a lot about sharks and what we would do if a shark was trying to eat us!

When I got back the volunteers where still up so I joined in playing some really funny games. When I say games they were more like challenges where you've got to pick up a cup using only your mouth with only your feet touching the floor. As I'm not the most flexible of people found that one tricky. Also tried the challenge where you have to stand up when your lying flat on your stomach without using any part of your arms. It was really funny, good laughs! 

 
Had a really fun night!! 

God bless. 

2 comments:

  1. Loving the toilet talk !!! Good to see u have some competition in this area!! The nursery looks like great fun with a few challenges thrown in. What a great birthday gathering idea bring and brai not sure what the English equivalent could be !!!???

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I agree with your mum about the toilet episodes I laughed so much I nearly peed my pants!! Auntie Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone,
hopefully now I've sorted out so you can leave comments a get in touch with me while I'm out here in South Africa. So please say hello in the comments.
Thanks, Cal