Thursday 3 October 2013

Dunoon World Cup #4

Day #17 

It's quite hard today to make an interesting blog post as today was fairly similar to yesterday so apologies if I bore you, more exciting things are to come!! 

Also apologies for the lack of photos, I couldn't find my phone for most of the day so couldn't take any...

After a chilled morning it was time for another afternoon in Dunoon. Today we tried to mix the teams up again and create three leagues. Two junior leagues and a senior league. 

I ran the senior league arranging fixtures, refereeing matches and tallying points. Felt a bit more responsibility today and really enjoy my time reaching out to these young people through the international language of football. 

I increased the size of the pitch and balanced teams so competition was close and quality of games had raised from previous days. I enjoyed my time leading and organising. I got a real feel for the time, commitment and energy which goes into out reaches like these. 

Again, Portugal won!

Tomorrow is the big finale with all the big prizes. It's all to play for!! 

After finishing up in Dunoon it was a race against the clock to pack up and get on the road as CCC had another league match this evening and I was playing. 



Made it just in time. There was a bit of confusion when I got there as the pitch had been double booked with one of the ladies football leagues so we had to go to the adjacent field where the only light came from the floodlights from the next field. So it was a bit dark but didn't ruin the game. 


What did ruin the game is that the team we were playing only had 10 men. Which is surprising as the team we were playing was Hillsong church so from a church of 5000 people funny they could only get 10 players! 


Ended up beating last years champions 8-0. CCC have now won the league!!! Mathematically it would take the other team in the running to win all there remaining games (one of them is still against us) by over 10 goals each to make up the goal difference! 

Another great day and finished off with a delicious Spaghetti Bolognese :) 

God Bless.   

2 comments:

  1. h[ cal [t was lovely to hear your vo[ce last n[ght a fantast[c surprise have a great b[rthday tomorrow ldve you loads and loads nan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. nan and grandad doug5 October 2013 at 13:34

    h[ cal [t was lovrely to hear your voice last n[ght a fantast[c surpr[se have a great bt[rthday tomorrow love you loads and loads nan xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone,
hopefully now I've sorted out so you can leave comments a get in touch with me while I'm out here in South Africa. So please say hello in the comments.
Thanks, Cal