Sunday 27 October 2013

A whole new strange experience

Day #39

Today was tidy up day after last nights Braai/ pool party! Most of the group had left on a three day tour so that only left a small group of 7 of the lads left to tidy all the houses.

It was a lot of long hard work but with some good laughs and plenty of team spirit we conquered the mess. 

In the afternoon I went to the mall with Möritz as he needed a new pair of flip flops and I need a hair cut. 

I went to a hairdresser in the mall. At first I was a but suspicious as it did look like a girls hairdressers but I was a assured that it was 100% for men! I sat down and waited for my cutter. 

She was really friendly and seemed I know what she was talking about so I left it all in her hands. 

Then a got a whole new experience. After our chat about what I want she asked me to make my way over for my hair to be washed and conditioned... "Pardon?" "We're going to wash and condition your hair"... "Pardon???" 

Never before have I had my hair washed before at a hairdressers. Normally it's up in the chair, shave the sides then scissors in top, simple! 

It was one of the strangest experiences! I couldn't stop laughing and smiling as my hair was washed. Ended up getting a wash twice; before and after. 

However, secretly I did enjoy it. Could get use to it. 

Anyway happy with my cut and then that evening it was a chilled night with just the lads. 

God Bless. 

3 comments:

  1. nd grandad an andoug28 October 2013 at 14:01

    how about you getting the full treatment at the hairdressers hope you are not toooo shorn sonds as [f you are hav[ng a great time sorry you got lumbered with thre clleaning up we are off to wales tomorrow by coach sadly we are having terrible weather at the momennt so hope we do not get to wet love hearing all your news god bless love you nan xxcalhi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Callum can't remember when I actually had hair to shampoo... Suppose your next trip may involve a manicure and eyebrow wax?!

    Glad to hear your well - thanks for all the updates. Keep on serving.
    Dave Willis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pardon!! I thought you were learning about roughing it not learning about the whole pampering thing. Rough shout on the cleaning you know when you return we'll expect you to do the big clean when leaving Abersoch :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone,
hopefully now I've sorted out so you can leave comments a get in touch with me while I'm out here in South Africa. So please say hello in the comments.
Thanks, Cal