Friday 20 September 2013

Waterfront wanderer

Day #04

6.45am. Alarm. 

Up early this morning; was heading to Chris' for 8 and wanted to be prepared for the rush hour traffic. 

I can safely say I've experienced the South African rush hour traffic, the predicted 20mins trip took a good 50mins even with my early wake up thanks to lots of cars heading for the big city centre! 

Chris lives close to Table View. Table View is an area on the outskirts of the main city but has a great view... 


Today was suppose to be my first day of training with Chris, he's planning to train me to develop and grow as a football missionary. Chris planned to teach me how to grow in my football ability, my Christian walk and my fitness. Our motto; be prepared to do anything and go anywhere!  

However due to the unforeseen bad weather we spent our time searching for possible training facilities and places for future football development projects in the local communities. We visited various primary and secondary schools in the local area and township.


Today I saw the great need for projects like Football development, bringing kids from the local community to teach them
Life skills through sport and tell them about the Good News of Jesus. Not many of the schools, particularly in the Townships, offer such chances for young people to enjoy these types of projects and benefit from them. 

Later in the afternoon/early evening I headed for Cape Town centre to wander around and explore the amazing waterfront. 



And to my delight the rain had passed and I could finally enjoy the last bit of sunlight.


Made friends with some of the locals as well! Spot the difference...


(Should of seen some of the faces of the people watching me take this photo; some funny looks for sure!!)



I'm really enjoying my time here in South Africa and beginning to love this incredible city! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cal - your blog is such a great way to keep in touch and it sounds like you are having a fantastic time. Can't believe your car is called a Tazz! Thanks for giving us all your news. Love and prayers Andrea x

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone,
hopefully now I've sorted out so you can leave comments a get in touch with me while I'm out here in South Africa. So please say hello in the comments.
Thanks, Cal