Tuesday 17 September 2013

New Home for the next three weeks

I've safely arrived in Cape Town! 

After almost 24 hours of travelling it was great to finally walk out of the airport and not have to think about the next flight, passport control and what gate I've got to get to next!

I was greeted by two smiling faces in the form of Chris and his friend Sara. They were both really friendly and I got the full South African welcome! 

At first it was fairly sunny however sadly that sun didn't last long and the clouds came in! 

Well after leaving the airport we went to meet a few different people all involved with different sport projects and ministries out here in Cape Town! I got a real feel for the place and it's people. 

Then it was to meet my new family for the next three weeks! Bruce, Louise and Grace... all are really friendly and very welcoming! They are a really nice family with a great little house. 

So here's a little tour of the house...






And my room...



Got a chilled day today as we sort out what I'm going to be up to the next three weeks and some practicalities such as a South African transport and some transport.

But I'll be going out to one of the townships this afternoon with Louise who is a doctor. 

Anyway Im excited to be here and can't wait to get stuck into all the works and projects! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cal, Really glad u arrived safe and had a great south africian welcome!!!!! Give my love to Chris and Nobbie and have a fantastic time love Helen

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone,
hopefully now I've sorted out so you can leave comments a get in touch with me while I'm out here in South Africa. So please say hello in the comments.
Thanks, Cal