Friday 27 September 2013

Swimming with the Fishes

Day #11

Today we couldn't go back to Dunoon and spend more time with the kids so especially after last nights match I enjoyed a good lie in. 

So with no plans for the day I decided to head into Cape Town and take a look round the aquarium. 


It was really good. Loads to see! 

I found nemo.


Also got to see two very rare headless penguins ;)


By far the creepiest/scariest of them all the Giant Spider Crab...


And of course the big boys...


Really enjoyed myself! Another tourist attraction ticked off the list! 

So what did I learn/take away...

Well I took away a great quote from the Kelp Crabs (which look like mini armoured tanks);
"When the going gets tough, the tough get going"

Always knew I was doing the right thing in not being a big fish eater as there was a lot about the awareness of over fishing and certain fish running out! 

Saw this sign as well which made me think...


I think it's a great little moto when your thinking about being green and saving the planet but it only goes so far. It should be;

"If people are the problem, then Jesus is the solution!!"

While I was down at the waterfront I got to watch these guys,


They did an incredible cover of Viva la Vida  by Coldplay! It drew in the crowds and put a huge smile on my face so I had to buy their CD! Now me and The Tazz have some local music to listen to as we're out and about. 

Another great day! 

God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. Hi glad to hear my teaching of fish are friends not food has paid off !!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone,
hopefully now I've sorted out so you can leave comments a get in touch with me while I'm out here in South Africa. So please say hello in the comments.
Thanks, Cal