Wednesday 18 September 2013

Sunshine and Trespassing

Day #02

Sunshine. The day started with sunshine. And for the first time I could see Table Mountain in all it's glory (it's massive)! 


Just didn't seem to be real, this great mountain of rock just sitting there in the centre of this busy city. 


So to celebrate the sun me and Bruce drove straight to Table Mountain, (well a monument part way up anyway!) It was amazing to get a view and take in the enormous size of Cape Town... 


 
It was incredible! And apparently on a clearer day you can see a lot more! 

In the afternoon it was time to get myself a South African Phone and sim... I'm quite happy with my little mobile, went straight for the cheapest one and came away with a good little phone... 


After that little trip i decided to go for a wander and explore around Claremont, the area in Cape Town I'm staying. 

So off wandering I went, all I had to do is make sure I didn't get mugged or lost, simple. 

The walk was good. I wandered and wandered and wandered. Didn't have a clue where I was going but just kept on walking (doing my mum proud)! 

I did come across a lot but particularly the Cricket Ground in Newlands. I tried my best to find a gap or a small hole to try and get a photo but the ground was well protected. However I did notice that the gate for the deliveries or workers of the ground was open.

So keeping the reputation of scousers alive in Cape Town I crept in! Look left... Look right... No-one. But what I did see 


Well there was only one thing to do after getting this close... 



With Table Mountain in the background of this amazing empty stadium It was incredible! I think even I could enjoy a game of cricket with this backdrop. Class! 

Didn't get to stay too long, I didn't fancy getting caught for trespassing. 

In the end I avoided getting mugged and did eventually find my way home. Good Day, hopefully even better ones to come! 

3 comments:

  1. Just checking to see whether these comments work,
    To leave your thoughts, "comment as" 'Anonymous' or as 'Name/URL' and just leave your name,

    Thanks,
    Cal

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your having a good time :) can't believe you have brought a car hahaa!! Praying for you, stay safe love Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone,
hopefully now I've sorted out so you can leave comments a get in touch with me while I'm out here in South Africa. So please say hello in the comments.
Thanks, Cal