Sunday 22 September 2013

End of week 1

Day #06

Sunday morning and off to church. The church I was going to was Bruce and Louise's church in Capricorn. Capricorn community church which is mainly aimed for the local township. 


It was a real experience. 

It's hard to describe it. The experience was something completely different to me. It was powerful. The passion of the worship was amazing as they understood worship is a gift not to be taken for granted. 

Something challenged me once I was here and I've seen it a lot during my time here so far. Challenge: The most thankful people are those who have the least. It really challenged me today that we who have so much in comparison (well I'm talking on behalf of myself anyway) are no were near as thankful as we should be. 

Because I've grown up on the comfy cushion of society, all I know is the cushion, so we take it for granted that we are not on the cold hard chair. (Just a picture in my head) I pray this trip really challenges me to be more thankful to God for the countless blessing he has blessed me with. 

Anyway back to the day, 

After getting to know a few of the local boys in the church through the international language of piggy in the middle I headed home. 

For lunch I enjoyed the South African equivalent of a Sunday Roast, a large piece of chicken on the bone with some roasted veg. Just like home! 

In the afternoon, myself Bruce and Louise took a trip to Kirstenbosch National Gardens. These gardens were incredible, more like a small national park. They sat at the bottom of Table Mountain and offered walks up to the top. They also had a great view over the city. 


After that I went for a run up to Rhodes Memorial. The climb up was tough, I mean tough, but was a great place to take a pit stop and look over once again this amazing city. (And have a poo).

My first week in Cape Town has been a good start, an amazing start. I have a strong connection to this great city and look forward to my next 11 weeks here. 

God bless. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're having such an amazing time, Callum! The pictures look incredible! Keep going with the blog! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone,
hopefully now I've sorted out so you can leave comments a get in touch with me while I'm out here in South Africa. So please say hello in the comments.
Thanks, Cal