Saturday 16 November 2013

Sweet Ride

Days #55 (Sun)

Well after not the best of night sleeps. Mainly because of the grand big ben clock gonging every 30 minutes sleep was slim. We woke up before 7.30 to our disappointment due to the great South African sun not helping us out. It was great fun to explore round the houses to find people sleeping in the funniest places.

Later that morning it was sad to say goodbye as they had to leave. Now is the final farewell and it was sad to see them leave but I'm sure I'll keep in contact with a few of them!

After they left it was just me, tom and Susie (his God mum). After a quick tidy up we chilled on the sofas catching up with some of the weekends football before Susie took us out for lunch in her soft top Mercedes. We travelled in style as we drove round the Constantia hills area (known for it's grand vineyards) in the stylish Mercedes Convertible. She took us out for an amazing italian lunch in this top of the range pizzeria.

I gave in. I had been over 8 weeks without having a Pizza, i was feeling it. My initial plan was to wait for my coming home meal to have a Pizza but it was too much so Susie treated me to a dream pizza, it was called the 'Nacho Libre' which was covered in chicken guacamole salsa... a fajita and a pizza comnined... MY TWO FAVOURITE FOODS!!!!!

After that she took us for a drive up one of the local hills to take in the view. I was in luxury and it was great fun.

Later that afternoon I drove back to meet Beth, Katie and a few guys from the church to watch the Man United vs Arsenal match. It was cool to just chill and spend some time with my new temporary adopted church family. I really enjoyed it!

A great weekend!

God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone,
hopefully now I've sorted out so you can leave comments a get in touch with me while I'm out here in South Africa. So please say hello in the comments.
Thanks, Cal