Wednesday 6 November 2013

Last working week at SAVE

Days #42-45 (Mon-Thurs)

Sorry for being inactive with the Blogging the past week. I just wanted to really enjoy my last week at SAVE and make the most of the time I have with my new friends! 

My last week with Save was one of the best. This week I was on Sarah's Crèche again which I really enjoyed as now I know the kids! 

It was a great week with plenty of crafts, games and funny moments. We start the morning off the same every day with songs and guessing the names of different animals and fruit. When we get the names of the animals we also love to make the noises and copy the actions; I am now well know for my Camel impression! Callum the camel! 

Then it's the craft. This week we had; hand painting, paper ball flowers, sand art and musical shakers! 






Loved my time at Sarah's, especially loved my time with this little boy...


Every day we went taxi hunting... Basically we climbed to the top of the climbing frame and every time we see one we shout "Taxi!" Also he had his first driving lesson...

 
Going to miss the children at Sarah's 


On Monday I had the Township Tour of Dunoon. Even though I have spent a lot of time in Dunoon already it was good to have a tour round the houses, seeing different aspects of day to day life in the township. Learnt some of the local language, danced African style, tried some chicken liver and milked a cow...


In the evening had some great time with the other volunteers just chilling and lovin each other's company :) 

God Bless. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cal well I nearly cried reading this one how cute are these kids!! I'm looking forward to seeing Cal the camel :) Auntie no1

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone,
hopefully now I've sorted out so you can leave comments a get in touch with me while I'm out here in South Africa. So please say hello in the comments.
Thanks, Cal