Saturday 9 November 2013

Crazy Car Hire

Day #47-49 (Sat-Mon)

Let's go back to Friday...
What I didn't tell you about Friday was that I got a call in the afternoon sayin that the car I was suppose to be hiring Sunday had been damaged and they could no longer hire me a car to get me to Somerset West. This left me in a tricky situation. 

So don't really know what to do and had problems contacting the next project asking for their advice. 

Then the weekend I was a sitting duck as no Car Hire place was open for booking so I couldn't do anything to solve the issue. 

Then Monday morning came and I called up a few places and sorted out a car to come Tuesday morning but that didn't even come until the afternoon. So basically it was a crazy nightmare weekend where at times I didn't have a clue what was going to happen but God was good and all came through eventually, South African timing. 

Other than the car issue had a great weekend. The weather was very hot so plenty of time on the beach and around the pool. Also said goodbye to a couple of volunteers who where leaving us; Steph and Caroll. 

Sunday morning 7 of us went to our head chef's, Funny's, church with her husband. She asked for a photo with me before I leave to remember me which I thought was nice...


 It was another great experience with incredibly loud and passionate worship. The other volunteers enjoyed it as well. They had a lot of questions after it about what I thought as they know I'm a Christian and I go to church back home so they were interested to see how it compared. Same message just a different way of experiencing it, more passion. 

Had a great few last days with my amazing volunteer friends! 

God Bless. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone,
hopefully now I've sorted out so you can leave comments a get in touch with me while I'm out here in South Africa. So please say hello in the comments.
Thanks, Cal